Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Whatcha Reading?

So...whatcha readin'?  Anything good?  Anything by a new author?  Anything that brought out the tissues or made you want to pull your hair out?  Although I've read several great stories lately, none have caused that kind of emotion in me in a looooong time!  

I did, however, just finish up reading Stay With Me by the lovely author, J. Lynn, also known as Jennifer Armentrout.  Stay With Me is the third book in the Wait for You series and as in typical fashion, it delivered.  It was a quick read with a fast paced story line.  It was a hard-to-put-down one, for sure!

In short, this is the story of Calla who is a college student and discovers that her junkie mom has stolen all of her college savings as well as racked up several thousand dollars in debt in her name, so she goes home to set things straight.

Her mom, however, has skipped town and there are some big, bad, ugly guys looking for her and willing to use Calla to find her.  Insert the hunky bartender to just can't leave Calla alone...but Calla has a lot of secrets.  She just doesn't realize that the bartender happens to already know her.

There are parts of the story that are a bit slow and I had to push through to keep going, but not many.  I really liked that both main characters, Calla and the bartender, Jax, each had their own issues that although different, were still similar enough that they were able to connect on a level because they truly understood each other.  I loved that Jax wouldn't let give up on Calla despite her naivety and running away from the important stuff.  He was a mature male character who not only taught her how to love him but more importantly, how to love herself.

Another thing I really liked is that characters from the past stories were brought in as friends of Calla.  I love when authors do that and connect all of the characters together in this whole little fictional world.  

This was definitely a good read and I would recommend it to others.  Although it's part of a series, you can read it as a stand alone just fine.  Everything I've ever read from Jennifer Armentrout/ J. Lynn has been a hit with me and I was pleased to see that continue.  She is a master with words and one of my favorites! 

Next up, part 5 in Inglath Cooper's wonderful Nashville series.  This time it's Thomas' story! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment