Saturday, November 29, 2014

2014 "Best" Lists from Around the Web

It seems like there are lots of places to look for the best books, but I thought I'd post some here so they're all in one convenient place for you to see.  I don't necessarily agree that everything on each list actually IS the best, but at least the lists will give you some ideas.

40+ Best Books for Boys includes some of my own sons' favorites, like the Big Nate collection, the hilarious adventures of Diary of a Wimpy Kid collection, Charlie and the Chocolate FactoryHatchet, and City of Ember

This article also lists some fun books for older boys as well, like the Hunger Games trilogy and The Lightening Thief.  



Hello Giggles makes a list of 25 Book Every Girl Should Read Before 25.  This list includes some of my personal favorites such as The Bell Jar, and some classic tales like To Kill a MockingbirdLittle Women, and a surprising one that my sons read in school and adored, Stargirl




Esquire, men's magazine, recently came up with an 80 Books Every Man Should Read list as well.  I must admit that as a woman, I'm not familiar with many of them but I found it fascinating to see the list all the same.  This "must read" list includes book-turned-movie Deliverance, and other classic titles like The Call of the WildFor Whom the Bell Tolls, and Slaughterhouse Five.  


Another great list from Hello Giggles is the 40 Books Every Woman Should Read.  I've read a lot of titles in my life but there are several on here that I haven't.  I should probably be getting busy.  I have, however, read BelovedThe Bell Jar (again), Little Women (again...again), The Fountainhead, the Harry Potter collection, The Diary of a Young GirlThe Lovely Bones, and mentioned once again is To Kill a Mockingbird.  I really have a lot of catching up to do if I'm going to read all of the ones on these lists!

Last, I thought I'd let you see what's been at the top of the lists this year, in 2014.  Depending on where you go, the lists vary.  The New York Times Bestseller is going to be different than what you're going to find on a popular fiction reader/writer site like Goodreads.  Amazon's list might differ from Publisher's Weekly.  If you're interested in checking out all of the following and more, here they are,


Amazon
Goodreads
Publisher's Weekly
New York Times
The Guardian
Barnes & Noble
The Telegraph
The Washington Post
Journal Sentinal

Stay tuned for my personal best of the best list for 2014, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment