Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Take a Memo...

This is attempt # 3 at writing a worthwhile 
blog, so who knows how this is even going to go.  I might write 4 entries again and call it a day.  Then again, I think I am more focused on this one and I've decided to write about something I know, something I'm actually passionate about:  BOOKS!  Okay, okay, I know I'm a big nerd.  Seriously, I never used to be but the older I get I seem to get nerdier.  Shhh, don't tell but I've even developed a sort of love-hate relationship with sci-fi.  I'll deny it to my grave but secretly there's a lot of it that I enjoy.


So anyway, back to the reading and books.  
I've been a voracious reader since I was a kid.  I remember being in third grade and riding my 10 speed bike the half mile to the library almost daily.  I lived, and I mean LIVED, for those Summer Reading Programs .  I wanted to read as much as I could, as quickly as I could to earn all the great little prizes.  It was such a rush!  I was reading Sweet Valley High as a third grader and by 6th grade I was all about The Catcher in the Rye.  As an adult now, my interests vary.  Sometimes I was a good old fashioned happy romance, or a fun mystery.  Other times I'm all about the chick lit or enjoying whatever is on the top of the best seller charts. 






My first goal with this blog is simply to capture my thoughts, ideas, and impressions of the books I read. For the most part they will be adult fiction because that's what I like to read. You might catch some Young Adult Fiction because I still like some of it, or even some Children's books once in a while too. Like I said, I'm a mom so when I find a good kids book I want to tell everyone about it. 


My second goal is simply to allow make myself write again.  Along with reading, I've loved writing since I was a little girl too.  Hell, according to all of my childhood dreams, I should already be a published author.  Well...you see how that turned out.  I get so excited and have these great ideas for stories but then I can't seem to do anything with them.  I've literally had writer's block for a decade.  That's sad and pathetic but soooo real too...and it's the worst feeling ever!  So, I am challenging myself to spend at least 30 minutes a day writing and I figured maybe if I focused my writing on the reading I'm doing it might turn out alright. 


There you have it folks.  I hope someone gets some enjoyment out of my writing, but then again even if they don't I just hope that I continue. 






*Any links posted are not endorsements for that company or business, nor has that company or business payed me to use their name or likeness in any way.*




No comments:

Post a Comment