Monday, May 11, 2015

Tattle Tale

Last night I finished reading best selling author Harlan Coben's novel Tell No One.  I read this based on the reading challenge that I'm doing this year and I had to read a book that a friend recommended.  So, my dear friend (and fellow book nerd) Lindsay gave me this book and told me that I HAD to read it because she loved it.  Though I don't know that I would say that I too loved it, I did however enjoy it quite a bit.  :)  

This novel is a psychological thriller that tells the tale of a man, Dr. David Beck who loses his wife Elizabeth, the love of his life and childhood sweetheart, to a murder 8 year ago.  It was such a horrific and terrible experience that he still isn't over losing her, despite the fact that he's tried dating a few times and tried to "move on" with his life.  His life, however, is being a pediatric doctor to the poor and he's thrown himself into his work since Elizabeth's death.  Out of nowhere he begins receiving strange messages with information that only she would know about. Suddenly everything he thought he knew is coming unraveled and he is determined to figure out what is happening.  

Coben did a fantastic job in writing a novel where the story is constantly leaving the reader saying, "what?" because of all the twists in the plot.  There are several characters who you think you understand and then he changes it all up on you.  Nothing in this story is what it seems.  Nothing.  It's fast paced and full of action on every page.  The dialogue is humorous and witty so it helps keep the story flowing nicely.  

As I said, I don't that I LOVED this book, but I certainly really enjoyed reading it and am really happy it was recommended to me.  If Coben's other books are similar to this, he may have just found himself a new fan.  


No comments:

Post a Comment