Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Game On Indeed!

I love Amazon's "Kindle Unlimited" feature because it's a great opportunity to read great books for free.  One book that I recently downloaded and read is Game On, by author Katie McCoy and I have to say that for a free book, I was extremely pleased with how much I enjoyed this story.  It just goes to show you that just because something is free, it doesn't mean there isn't value to it.  This story, definitely has value!


Game On introduces us to sweet, ambitious, and slightly awkward sports reporter Sophie who is given her first big assignment to interview the big star of a college baseball team. She's been told he doesn't like the press but thinks that she can get him to open up. How hard can it be?  After all, her new job is counting on it.

Nathan is a star athlete with a heart to help those in need, especially animals.  He also realizes that even though Sophie is off-limits because she's a reporter, he can't keep his mind off of her.  The only problem is that he hates reporters and has serious trust issues.

What happens when Sophie and Nathan get together is magic and not a single bit professional.  Nathan and Sophia were scorching hot together. For a boy that didn't want to get caught up with some typical reporter, he seemed to forget all about that whenever this sweet little gal came around him.  Then again, he quickly discovered that she wasn't exactly the typical reporter either.



Again, I am always pleasantly surprised when I find a free book through Kindle's "Kindle Unlimited" that I don't expect to like as much as I end up liking, and Game On is definitely one of those books.  Written by an author I'm very unfamiliar with, this book held my attention throughout and was a quick read, as I couldn't put it down.  I couldn't wait to find out what Sophia was going to try next to get her interview and how uptight, Mr.-Professional-Baseball-Player was going to react. There's loads of witty repertoire between them and among the other characters in the story too, which makes this an incredibly smart book and a lot of fun to read.  It may have been free for me to read, but I would easily have paid to read this novel because it's worth the money; it will keep a smile on your face the entire time you're reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment